Dott & Crossitt Conveyancers + Solicitors is the largest conveyancing practice in New South Wales with over 6 offices and 40 employees. With a history spanning over a decade, we pride ourselves on delivering precision conveyancing and excellent client service. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a NSW Licensed Conveyancer to join our dedicated team and contribute to our ongoing success.
Position: Licensed Conveyancer
Location: The successful candidate should be located no more than one hour from one of our offices. Working from home is possible for the right candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Conveyancing Expertise:
- Manage a caseload of residential conveyancing transactions from initiation to completion, including sales, purchases, and transfers of equity. Successful candidates should be able to manage a caseload of 20+ transactions a month.
- With the assistance of the supervising solicitor, provide advice to clients on legal matters related to property transactions, ensuring that all legal requirements and obligations are met.
- Transaction Management:
- Draft and review contracts for sale of land and ancillary agreements necessary for property transactions.
- Liaise with clients, other conveyancers, estate agents, and other relevant parties to ensure smooth and timely progression of transactions.
- Conduct thorough property searches and investigations to identify any potential legal issues or restrictions on title.
- Legal Compliance:
- Stay up-to-date with changes in property law, regulations, and industry best practices to ensure compliance and provide accurate advice.
- Ensure all transactions adhere to the necessary legal and regulatory standards.
- Client Communication:
- Build and maintain strong client relationships by providing clear and concise communication throughout the conveyancing process.
- Address client inquiries promptly and professionally, keeping them informed at every stage of the transaction.
- Team Collaboration:
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the conveyancing team, paralegals, and support staff to ensure the efficient handling of cases.
- Assist in mentoring junior staff and sharing knowledge to contribute to their professional development.
- Documentation and Record Keeping:
- Maintain accurate and organized records of all transactions, communications, and documents related to each case.
- Utilise case management software and tools to streamline processes and improve efficiency.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Licensed Conveyancer qualification, registered with the NSW Department of Fair Trading.
- Proven experience as a Licensed Conveyancer, with a solid track record of managing a diverse caseload of residential property transactions.
- Strong understanding of property law, regulations, and conveyancing procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex legal terms to clients in an easily understandable manner.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized, capable of managing multiple tasks and cases simultaneously.
- Proficiency in using case management software (triConvey experience ideal but not necessary) and MS Office applications.
- A commitment to delivering exceptional client service and maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including access to a bonus programme.
- Involvement in a well-respected law firm with a strong reputation in the legal industry.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated resume on the link provided.
Dott & Crossitt Solicitors is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.